Wow, I am truly glad that yesterday has come and gone!! As many of you know, I spend much of my life doing my Relief Society calling as 2nd counselor, which makes me in charge of our monthly (yes, we do monthly) Enrichments. Yesterday, we celebrated the Relief Soceity Birthday with a Pajama Party (it turned out awesome). We went to set up the church yesterday afternoon, and spent a good couple hours turning the Relief Society Room into the perfect party with balloons, streamers, tables, games, etc. onlt to lead us into problems. (In order to understand the story, you must know that our church building was flooded a couple of months ago and they are having to redo the walls and the gym floor was destroyed.) As part of our P.J. party we were going to quilt 2 of our wards 5 quilts for the year. As we went to set up the quilts we all realized that the quilting frames were stored in a closet in the gym. After searching for 30 minutes in the building it was apparent that they were NOT there and funny enough no one really knew where they could be. ( I kept telling everyone I was sure they were locked in the storage pod outside our building.) So we decided to wait and see how that played out. As I was leaving (Tydon, Kamdon, and I were the last to leave) there was a worker polishing the wood floor in the gym. I wondered what he was up to and decided to chat with him. He proceeded to tell me that they would be putting on the final coat of lacaur, and that the whole building would be ingulfed in fumes!! Nice Uhhh, How on earth were we supposed to have a party! So I drove to my Enrichment Leaders home and we had to come up with a new plan. Luckily, the Paramount Subdivision Clubhouse just happened to be available for the evening. So we had to take everything down that we had just spent all afternoon preparing, and start all over in the clubhouse. Needless to say that by 4:30 p.m. and a lot of confussion we were mostly prepared for the party that was to begin in 2 hours. By 10 o'clock last night we were all so exaushed!!(Heath got recruited to be the nursery & clean up last night as well, which meant my kids had to be hauled around for a few more hours.) Oh, and we finally found the quilt frames 30 minutes before the party (which was probably a blessing cause we had to move locations anyways). They were right where I had told everyone I was certain they were!!
WHAT AN "ENRICHING" DAY!
3 comments:
That doesn't sound like much fun! At least the party turned out good :-)
YOU will be Blessed for all of your hard work. You really need to put your feet up.
Oh my goodness. STRESS! I'm glad it turned out OK and that it's over...!!
Post a Comment