Wednesday, April 29, 2009

As Luck Would Have It ...


I really feel like for the most part, I try to look at our life with the glass half full instead of half empty. But, This week I am beginning to feel like our cup is Just Plain EMPTY!! As Luck would have it, we are moving! Not because we want to move, but because we found a nice notice posted on our front door Friday morning telling us that our home that we have been renting is in foreclosure and being auctioned on May 20th. It all started last summer when we kind of clued in that the owner of our rental might be a little shady when we found out she had not been paying her HOA dues when the subdivision would not let me into the pool. Our property management company assured us that she had taken care of this! Then last month we were served papers telling us that our rent would be garnished to pay for the HOA fees that still had not been paid. After we got these papers, I said, " I wonder what else she isn't paying. I bet she isn't paying her mortgage either." It turned out I was right and we have about 2 weeks to vacate this property. Oh, What luck we have!!

9 comments:

Hatch Family said...

But now you get to be even closer to me :-) and a better house! It will all work out and be great!!

Heather Inns said...

I am so sorry to hear that. What a stupid lady, what did she think that no one was going to find out. I wish you the best for luck finding a new place and moving. Love you all.

Becky said...

Wow...what can I do to help? Let me take the kids while you pack, bring you meals...whatever I can do Emily...that is so much to take in!

sandy said...

your cup is FULL!!!! look at it as a blessing, so we can get in the darn pools this summer. It will all pass and be ok. I'm sorry we can't come help.

Somer said...

Emily, I am so sad where are you going? Sadie is devastated. What are we going to do without you?

Anonymous said...

oh no! Good luck finding a new house. Think of it as the perfect time to do some spring cleaning while you move:) HAHA

Lindy said...

Oh Emily, I'm sorry! I hope you get a bigger, better house for all of your troubles. :) I wish I was there to help out. Good Luck with everything!

Chiara said...

You better be staying in the ward!!!!!

Kristie said...

Really this is a blessing in disguise because you get to live even closer to us!!! See, the Lord is looking out for you :)